Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Re-branding Bradford

This is the last of my University work that I am going to put on my blog. In this brief I decided to Re-brand Bradford. I wanted to advertise Bradford in a way like it has never been advertised before. 


So the first thing I decided was to use the big attractions in and around Bradford, I used the likes of Salts Mill, Cartwright Hall, Bradford Gallery and Bradford College. I then went out to take photographs of these and created some very dynamic shots of the grounds, in and around them.


I then brought these back to the print room and created some great effects using Screen Printing, overlapping images of each and using different colours and stencils to see what type of effects I could get.


I then took these prints and scanned them into my computer and experimented some more to see how I could develop these prints into final pieces of work. Below are some of my final posters I used and some of them are in context as well to show you how they would look out in the streets.




This was one of my posters i created. All information needed is on bottom in a bar. I am much more happier with the typefaces I used in this project than in my last one. Shows the development of myself. This I got from my screen print on black paper, I then added a slight blur to make the image a bit more potent. The strap line i decided to go with was 'Bradford Culture and Industry Through Creativity'.
I think this is a really potent strap line to go with my posters and it fitted the bill well in how i wanted to advertise Bradford in my campaign.




Above is my poster in context. As you can see i have not advertised Bradford in Bradford. The idea of it all was to try get people to visit these attractions from all over the country and even for foreign people travelling the world. So above i decided to advertise this one in Euston tube station in London.





This Poster above is of Cartwright Hall. The purple really stands out in this for me and with the blur on there it really helps bring the poster out, very eye-catching. This time I used a purple bar at the bottom as that fit with the colour of the poster. This in my eyes was my strongest poster and this at the beginning was exactly how I saw myself 
Re-branding Bradford.




As you can see from my poster been in context above I decided to go global with this poster and advertise it in Times Square, New York. If Bradford was going to get noticed anywhere it will not be missed on one of the billboards in Times Square.

I did do many more as it was a campaign but these two were my favourite. I did enjoy this brief and did really well, and I even went for a meeting with one of the Heads of Bradford Council. First to see how Bradford was advertised by them and then at the end because they wanted to see my final outcomes of the campaign. They liked what i had produced but nothing went any further they also said how i could have improved and i took all that on board and used this in future projects.






No comments:

Post a Comment