Search This Blog

Friday 1 July 2011

V.I.P Hair / Nails / Beauty

This next set of work is when I was in my final year of University. I Managed to sort myself out some Work Experience at a Graphic Design company called Fuzz Design. It was here I worked for 6 weeks in a row apart from one day a week in which I had to go into University on that day. Everything I did here went towards my grade at the end of the year as I was not in University so in a way it was like a project on its own.


I Managed to get a few of my designs from them to show you my work I designed for real clients and not a brief like i was used to doing. This was not my first bit bit of experience as I worked for Suburb Magazine before this and Urban Concept throughout the summer. Unfortunately I was unable to get any of my work from these companies. So I already had a bit of experience in the industry before going to Fuzz Design, I think this helped me in getting the placement. When i was going for the placement Fuzz had a proper interview process in place in which I had to sort my portfolio out with my best work and in the end they liked what I did and they were even happier at the fact i was telling them how I did the designs and why.


So my first bit of work from Fuzz was for a company called V.I.P Hair, Nails and Beauty. I did 3 posters for this company and if I can remember correctly they were very happy with the posters I had created for them. Below are the 3 that i designed let me know what you think.



This was the first one that I produced for them. This was advertising eyelash extensions, the price had been reduced to £35. I really like this poster, I focused on making the eyelash photo in which the company sent us as the main focus of the poster having them so it bled off the page. I then added text at the top and bottom of the poster so it did not overlap the eyelash extensions. This was a big A1 poster they were using to put in their shop window.



The second one V.I.P wanted was to advertise that their company now sell vouchers for the shop. They wanted to advertise this as it was coming up to christmas at the time and wanted people to buy friends ad family vouchers to use after christmas. My company had already designed the vouchers before I had got there so they wanted me to produce the poster for them. So seen as though it was christmas I found a nice christmas vector to use as the background to the poster, all I then needed to add was the vouchers we had already designed so them and the logo was just a drop in. I then added a nice thin font in the middle of the poster below their logo to complete the poster.



The last poster I designed was for a christmas gift guide in which I also designed but was unable to get the file for. They liked the image I used on the gift guide so they wanted me to use on the poster as well. Like i say I had already designed the gift guide so all i needed to do was drop all the components on to an A1 poster. The women dressed as an Angel is an iStock image and the flakes and baubles are vectors that i had found. This is a really nice poster again to fit with the time of year been christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment