Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Club / Bar Work

This next set of work here I also did while I was working for Fuzz Design. My brief was to design some A0 posters for the nightclub Funky's which has now renamed itself Mode.

As it was near Christmas they wanted 2 posters. They wanted one for Boxing Day and one for New Years Eve.! Obviously these are big events so my posters really needed to stand out and be eye catching.



Above is the Boxing Day poster I designed for them and they really liked what I had done. The event was called 'Boxed Off', so I managed to find a vector of a gift wrapped box in which I then took into photoshop and developed this image so that it was suitable for a nightclub promotion. They really liked the font choices I chose on this design and I personally think this was one of my strongest pieces of work to date. I think the colours work very well together and it is a very eye catching poster.


The next poster I designed for Funky's was their New Years Eve poster. The colours on this poster I think work fantastic together. The font I have used is bold and very legible and even found a scrabble like font for the main headline. Again I found a beach girl vector and took her into photoshop and mixed it with a bit of a halftone and what came in handy for both these posters were my brushes in photoshop as I have tonnes of extra brushes and they can come in handy for clients like these. The client really liked this as he thought it was different to what was out there but was still very potent.


With the New Years Eve poster they also wanted tickets to sell for the event. The tickets we produced for them was a tear off ticket. The two blank white circles at top of ticket is for the company so that they could number the tickets, and if you look closely enough you can see the tear off line. All i did was took the design of the poster and cropped the top end of it and used it has the ticket. The company also used the Boxing Day poster and the New Years Eve poster and they had some flyer's printed so they were also handing these out as well. They loved both posters, flyer's and tickets and both events was a success as I attended the New Years Eve one and had a great night best part of it was seeing my work on the walls and seeing my flyer's getting handed out.


Another brief I received from Fuzz Design and I think this was before the poster I have just shown you for Funky's, was for a company called 'Cube' who were a bar just up the road from Funky's. This is where people head before they go down to Funky's. This was going to be on a flyer for them to hand out. The first thing I looked for, for this poster was an abstract cube or cubes. I found these fairly quickly so then I looked for a vector or an abstract woman. My idea for this flyer was to keep it abstract and eye catching. I think the font choice I chose has worked very well with the poster as a whole and I think the colours work very well together and compliment each other.


This is another flyer I produced for Cube and in the end they wanted it as a poster as well, the reason been they liked the flyer so much and wanted to show it bigger outside their bar. This event was called 'Dissolved' so my idea was to try make the images and text I was using to look like it was dissolving. I managed to do this effect in photoshop and was really happy with the outcome as i think the colours work fantastic together. Another potent poster for a nightclub / bar in which the client was very happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment